Thursday, June 30, 2016

SP Flash Tool Flashable Backup

Hei guys, I own a Chinese handphone. Tweaked it so much, soft bricked it numerous times, but I got the stock rom at my disposal anyway so it doesn't matter much. It's cheap so I can actually do some experiments or tested non Play Store, or even suspicious apps on it.

However, going back and forth to stock then reconfigure everything is rather tedious task to do.

I did installed a CWM recovery and did a full nandroid backup. But it's seem that CWM backup didn't overwrite the old one so when I do a second one it failed, saying I'm out of space? I still got about 2 GB on internal storage, and 8 GB on external storage. It's said my folder (I forgot which, it's /data if I'm not mistaken) don't have space left. This is one funny thing about my phone, it doesn't use the internal storage at all. I cannot move the apps to the internal storage as well, only to the external SD card.

I'm out of space probably also because I move so many app as system. This way when I do a factory reset I got all my updated apps within, without the need to reinstall it.

So, the questions :
  1. Is there any way to make CWM to actually update a backup, instead of creating a new one? Which partition I should wipe from CWM if I want to create an updated backup? It is convenient to do the restore directly from CWM, but I cannot update the backup, with that space problem.
  2. How about creating a full custom ROM flashable image of my phone on which I can save to my PC instead?
  3. How about going on fetching the nandroid backup CWM generated? Is it flashable using SP Tool? But I can't find the files anywhere in my system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/299UqaG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment