Sunday, November 29, 2015

recover data after flashed to stock

My Verizon GS3 softbricked a few days ago. I was running stock but had it rooted. It would freeze at the Samsung black and white screen on boot. I could only boot into Recovery Mode and Download Mode. The last back up I did of the internal data was 6 months ago. I want to recover the data before doing a hard/factory reset.

I read several post and was unclear on what to do in my situation. But I tried to gather as much info as I could to proceed carefully. I pulled the battery several times, nothing. I left battery out to drain charge then put it back in, nothing. I charged phone for hours, nothing. I booted into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache more than once and still no joy. So I decided to try Odin. I read if I flashed the same firmware to my phone the data will be saved. I flashed my phone with I535VRUDNE1_I535VZWDNE1_I535VRUDNE1_HOME.tar and it PASSED with success. Then I flashed with VRALEC.bootloader.tar and that FAILED. Then I flashed with VRALF2.boot.tar and that PASSED. My phone now boots up as normal (except for the black and yellow Factory Mode box floating on my home screen) but I can't see my data or my normal homescreen. On the phone I can see that my 16GB internal memory only has 488MB left. But when I check it Windows Explorer and File Explorer (in Linux) I can only see a few folders that total 4.27MB of data. So there's just over 15GB of data sitting there that I can't see so that I can back it up.

It looks like the data is there but I need to know how to access it. I have word docs, pdfs, pictures, video and audio clips from lectures that I would like to recover.

Does anyone know how to recover this data after its flashed (but not wiped)? Also if there was something else I should have done please let me know. I want to learn in case this happens again.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Oyz5nx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment