Sunday, November 29, 2015

No Wi-Fi on Nexus 5 - on any version of Android

The Wi-Fi on my wife's unrooted Nexus 5 (Sprint version) which was upgraded (via OTA) to Marshmallow last month suddenly stopped working last week. The slider would get hung while moving from Off to On (like it was trying to turn on) and therefore was not detecting any available Wi-Fi signals.

After trying many things, I eventually did the extreme and did a full factory data reset. No dice. Still not detecting anything.

Figuring it might be an OS issue with Marshmallow (given we're seeing a lot of forums indicating Nexus 5 issues based on Wi-Fi with both Marshmallow and Lollipop), we downgraded the OS first to Lollipop and then all the way back to KitKat (4.4). Still not working. At initial phone setup, the phone is not detecting any available WiFi signals and gets hungup trying to find networks for me to choose from - so I end up having to skip this step.

Any other tips out there on what I can try? Is this a sure sign of hardware problems? Don't think my wife's phone is under warranty any longer (have had it slightly over a year, I think).

PS - Now I can no longer even upgrade the phone (OTA, at least) from 4.4.4 because my phone is saying it needs Wi-Fi to download the update - with no option to do it over my data plan.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Oyz2Iw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment