Monday, November 30, 2015

Need help with reverse tethering

I have a Pumpkin model KD-C0109-US-A single DIN RK3188 800x600. I would like to use my cell phone to provide a network connection to my HU through USB reverse tethering. The cell phone connects and shows itself as tethered but the HU does not show any network connection. Pumpkin customer service says that reverse tethering is not supported. They suggest using wi-fi hotspot from the cell. I would prefer hard wire through USB so that the phone would be powered while using it as an internet source. The reverse tethering apps have not worked. Is there a firmware upgrade or other work around that will un-cripple the HU and make reverse tethering possbile? Has anyone had success with this? I would also be interested in learning about tried-but-failed approaches to avoid repeating mistakes.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QPJ9f7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment