Sunday, November 29, 2015

Marshmallow update caused bootloop

Hi all,

Just got news of the marshmallow being available to my LG G4 (H815). I was aware of the update having been rolled out to Poland and Korea before so I thought it was a safe bet.
I plugged in my phone, started the LG Bridge software which prompted me with the update. I went on and downloaded it, which happened without any issues.
However, when the process was over and my phone restarted, it went through the usual "app optimization" window and after that started boot-looping. I have the initial audio cue from LG playing every few minutes, with the same "app optimization" for 12 apps (when the first time it was around 90).
I initially left it for a while (5-10min) before i started losing patience. I removed the battery but that didn't change anything.
I initiated the Recovery mode, but it prompted me with a "factory reset" question, which I didn't feel like doing before having tried anything else.
My phone is not rooted and was running Android 5.1, the LG variant. I never fiddled with this phone.

Has anyone else experienced issues updating? Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to recover my data? Because for me, that's mostly what I'm concerned of.

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1MNBSc6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment